Wednesday, May 22

Wednesday, May 22

North 26° 53.710'
West 111° 58.502'
Distance: 12.4 miles

I paddled 12.4 miles today. This was my first progress in a week. I got up, said goodbye to Steve and Jane, and got started at 8:00 am. It was easy going for a couple hours, then I landed on a beach where some guys were doing a model shot for stock photos. Then I continued till 1:30 along the beach and up the Mulegé River. I stopped at a place called The Orchard. I immediately met Gary, Jeff and Carol. Nice people. They gave me a couple beers, took me to town, and cooked me dinner. I got supplied up for the next few days with Bananas, avocados, tomatoes, tortillas, limes, and water. Tomorrow morning I will be on my own again. At night Gary, Jeff, and Carol invited me up to a nice dinner of fish, pasta, and real broccoli. Then I met a bunch of kids in the camp space next to me. Two of them were from South Africa, two were from England, and three were from Canada. A little tequila with them sealed off the evening. I crossed the 27th parallel today. I will cross only four more on my trip. I have crossed five as of today. I have also crossed two lines of longitude and will cross two more before I finish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home