Friday, May 17

Friday, May 17

Distance: 0 miles

Today was a big day. I got up early and got a ride with Blake and Pam to Highway 1. They are headed to Los Cabos for a few days before they go home. They left me at the bus stop. The locals said that the bus was coming in a few minutes. It soon arrived and the driver said it would cost 25 pesos to Santa Rosalia. The girl in front of me barfed out the window about 15 minutes later. She had been sticking her face out of the open window on and off for a while and finally released the flow. I had a roll of toilet paper in my backpack which I gave to her mother to help her clean up. A few minutes later I was in Santa Rosalia. First I went to the bank and got 4000 pesos from the machine. Then I walked around town a bit and found a random taco stand. The food was great and the people were fun. Eight pesos for a taco and five for a cup of coffee. Then I went and got my hair cut by an old barber - he used a real straight razor to shave me. Then ice cream and a bit of walking. I sat in the park for a while and met Dale and Heather - a couple living on a 38 foot boat. They are heading back to the US to work for the summer, then back to the boat in the fall. I visited the museum and the old hotel. Pretty hotel! I bought a beer and just relaxed in the shade of the old trees for a while. Then I started home. The next bus wasn't for four more hours, so I asked a guy with California plates for a ride. He is from London and runs a camp in ConcepciĆ³n. The pride of his camp is a 5000 watt sound system. He claims he has food and a bar, so I will try to check it out next week. He dropped me off at the start of the dirt road to Punta Chivato. While I was walking down the road, a truck stopped to ask me for directions. Steve and Cody from Santee. They gave me a ride to camp and a beer and I talked to them for a while. They are staying in the hotel. Home in Punta Chivato I discovered that the store has a phone for 15 pesos a minute, so I will be able to try to get ahold of Heidi and Mike more easily. Steve and Jane invited me to dinner, and that kinda finished off the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home