Wednesday, May 15

Wednesday, May 15

North 27° 04.447'
West 111° 56.896'
Distance: 2.63 miles


I paddled just 2.63 miles today. I woke up early, ate an orange and packed up and left. On the water by 7:30 am. The 2.63 miles figure is deceptive since I went several miles around the point. I landed on the camping beach at Punta Chivato and met Steve and Jane from Tierasanta. They offered me a beer and then I imposed on them for a ride into Mulegé. I got bananas, gas, water, and flashlight batteries. I also got a lot of food and some ice cream. I restrained myself from getting more since I can't get more money till I go back to Santa Rosalia. There is no bank in Mulegé! Tomorrow or the next day I will hitchhike up there and make a day of it. When I got back from Mulegé I introduced myself to Brad and Heather - two kids from San Francisco. They are out here fishing for a few weeks and have Tarpin kayaks like mine. Brad gave me a fillet knife to replace the one I lost. I was pretty grateful for that! Then he invited me to join them for fish tacos for dinner. Then I set up camp on the east end of the beach under the only available palapa. It isn't much, but at least it provides some shade in the middle of the day. Then I went down to see Steve again and while we were talking we were asked to help unstuck a truck. It was an F-350 dually and the tide was coming in quick. The water was already over the bottom of the rear tires. We aired down the tires and Steve got a tow rope to his F-150 4X4 and with a couple efforts we got it out. Bob - the owner - was so happy he bought us a couple 6-packs of beer. In the truck issue I met Blake who with girlfriend Pam was also joining Brad and Heather for dinner. They are nice people from Oregon. So after one day I know everyone on the beach. Dinner was great. For a simple donation of a couple avocados and a tomato I got a feast! After dinner I started walking home and stopped to thank Bob for the beer and was invited in for a Seagrams and 7-up. That pretty much finished me off for the night.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home