Wednesday, July 10

Wednesday, July 10

North 24° 29.423’
West 110° 23.030’
Distance: 6.08 miles

We paddled 6.08 miles today. Mike made banana pancakes for breakfast and I made mud coffee. Then we drifted northwest in a casual way for a while. A big pod of dolphins came by and said “hi.” It was a great sighting. The islands are very pretty and the water is nice. Each time I jumped in I was reminded how nice the water is. After a while we pulled our boats up to one of the little islands and snorkeled for a while. I got a couple little fish with the spear to use as bait. I also got a larger one, but he wiggled off before I could get him to shore. The coral is pretty and this was one of the best snorkeling days I have had. Later Mike caught a big jack and we cut him up for bait. While Mike was fishing, Johnny and I saw some more dolphins. I hurried up to see them and got very lucky. A large pod was fishing within a few feet of me. They took off to follow the fish, but I saw them at various distances for a half hour. Then we landed and set up shade at a nice beach. A little wind to keep the bugs away, a nice place to sleep, and a world class view, along with good food and a drinking game which Mike lost badly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home