Tuesday, July 9

Tuesday, July 9

North 24° 24.518’
West 110° 20.902’
Distance: 5.63 miles

We paddled 5.63 miles today. We woke up kinda early. Johnny said he didn’t sleep much, but he spent a bunch of hours snoring, I guess to make up for not sleeping. Mike made us a big breakfast and I made two pots of coffee and the two of those got us going. Mike and Johnny went to town for more supplies while I cleaned and packed the boats and replaced a couple of the rudder cables. The right cable on Mike’s boat was broken at the foot peddle and the left cable on my boat was broken at the rudder. The repair went well and now both are working well. The patch on my right cable has been working well for four weeks now and I assume it will last the rest of the trip. I do want to get more cable next time we are in La Paz just in case. When Mike and Johnny got back, Mike took off to rent a boat for Johnny and to park the truck. He was gone two hours and Johnny and I got everything ready while he was gone. When he got there we finished the last details of packing and took off for Isla Espiritu Santo. I caught a jack on the way over, but after trying a few bites we threw the rest away. We found a nice camp, but were eaten by no-see-ums while we had dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home