Sunday, June 30

Sunday, June 30

North 23° 27.642’
West 109° 26.169’
Distance: 7.88 miles

We paddled 7.88 miles today. We got a late start after making pancakes for breakfast.and just hanging around having a good time. Just about when we got into the water the wind came up hard in our faces with rough waves. We paddled for two hours and forty five minutes, then took a break for a few hours and just relaxed. The wind has blown out the fishing and the water is cold. Mike has changed from being slow to being ahead of me all day like he suddenly switched into a new gear. In the afternoon we took a nap, read, and had a nice lunch with most of the rest of our fruit. About 6:30 we got back into the water for another hour and fifteen minutes, and then paddled to a nice beach for the night. It is all nice white sand with no access other than by water. There was a lot of driftwood on the beach so we made a fire and watched stars for a while before going to sleep. I have noticed that as I work hard pushing the boat I have become very interested in both food and sleep. I sleep like a rock every night and I eat at least three times as much as I would at home. Fresh food tastes much better than anything I ever have at home and a bed of rocks or sand feels great after a hard day of paddling. I think this will be our easternmost camp site and we will start heading back west tomorrow as the cape narrows at the bottom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home