Saturday, June 29

Saturday, June 29

North 23° 33.783’
West 109° 29.449’
Distance: 15.6 miles

We paddled 15.6 miles today. We woke up early and cleaned up a bit, then went into town. A couple people stopped to see what we were up to and they were all very nice. The laundry was closed, so we went for tacos while we waited. Then Mike started laundry while I hiked to the ATM or Cajero Automatico as they say down here. While laundry was going we went shopping, used the internet, made phone calls, and got ice cream. Then we bought 30 fresh hot tortillas at the tortillaria and ate 6 of them immediately. There is just nothing like a fresh, hot tortilla as they make them in Mexico. Then we packed up and left at around 2:00pm. At 2:15 I remembered that my plug was open and I landed. At 2:30 I was dry and plugged and started again. I think that is the sixth time I have forgotten that plug, but the first on about a month. Some day I will learn not to do that. Mike was feeling slow and tired so I had to kinda drag him along till about 6:00pm. Then he woke up and I was chasing him for the next two hours. We landed on a perfect beach just north of the lighthouse and made our favorite food – tortillas with beans, avocado, tomatoes, onion, lime, cheese, and salsa piqante. Mike made a fire. It was cold from the time we landed, so the fire felt great. This is the first time I have been cold for at least a month and it was a nice change. We are both ready to fall asleep after a long day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home