Tuesday, July 16

Tuesday, July 16

We woke up this morning determined to get going! Mike and Frank went to the store for food for everyone. Just as he was about to cook a Mexican family descended on us with a pile of kids and one of the guys. We decided to wait for breakfast. While I waited I swam out to John Johnson’s boat. I had met him the night before and he had invited me out to see it. He showed me his boat and his wife, Nancy who I had met the first night gave me a couple beers. He is working on a dinghy cover, so we played with that for a while. He also gave me recommendations for trucks. He is an old Baja racer who lived in San Diego, so he knows a bit about what I will need. They are nice and fun and we invited them to join us for breakfast. I offered Mike’s services as cook. Debi paddled out on a surfboard later to avoid the noise and confusion at home. She and I paddled and swam back to shore when the people all left. We finally had breakfast and by the time it was done and cleaned up it was 2:30 in the afternoon. We said goodbye to everyone and went to Loreto for gas, then on to Punta Chivato. We pulled up to a camp site without a palapa because it was kinda crowded. Five minutes later I saw the woman next to us taking down her camp. I went over to her and asked her if she was leaving and she said yes, but not till morning. That didn’t really help us since we were only there for one night, but I stayed and talked for a minute and she offered us dinner. Good old Chivato! I get nothing but free food here. The woman’s name is Loren and her kids are Taylor and Rusty. We had burgers – my first in months, chicken, potatoes, and more. Mike and I brought the beer and we stayed for several hours. We finally said goodbye and went back to our camp to sleep at around midnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home