Saturday, June 22

Saturday, June 22

Another night on the boat. I am really getting used to luxury! Again we went to the internet café, stopping for a malteada at La Fuente. In the afternoon we washed the boats using Gordon’s hose. I was afraid Bad Girl would fall apart with all that fresh water. This is the first time she has been washed with fresh water for almost three months. Then we went shopping for supplies and water. In the morning we went to the Irish Rose for breakfast with John and Mary. Their boat is small but nicely laid out and is neat and simple. They are living on it for two years and are one year into that plan. They clearly know what they are doing and have figured out how to live simply. After shopping we took a last advantage of the nice showers here, packed the boats for tomorrow, and went out to our taco stand with the transvestite waitress with the guys in the next boat. She kindly went and bought us a couple six-packs of Modelo and we had tacos for a couple hours. I will be going back there – the food and service are great. Then a last malteada from La Fuente. At dinner I bet Mike that he couldn’t talk me into having one. 1 peso. He tried and tried, but I held firm. But when we got there and he offered to buy, and go get it, I gave in. It takes a little planning to get a free shake. Tomorrow we are leaving for Cabo San Lucas. After 10 days I feel like a fraud when I tell people I am kayaking down Baja. Five, six, seven days I was OK with it, but now I feel it is time to put up of shut up. The city is great, but I am getting fat from all the food and beer and I miss the water. My hands don’t hurt anymore. I want to go again. It is just short of midnight and this is my last night in the luxury of the yacht.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home