Tuesday, May 7

Monday and Tuesday, May 6/7

We have been here two days. The beach here is the nicest I have seen. White sand, clean and nice. Camping is $5 per day and that includes a palapa and hot showers. They have little cabins to rent, but they don't seem like such a great deal since they use the same showers and bathrooms as the campers use and all you get is a room with a canvas door and cot beds. On the beach we have the palapas which are just about as nice. I would like to come back in my truck this fall maybe for a week. I'm sure Heidi would love it. Note to self: Bring lots of supplies. The food here is great and they have good beer. Other than camping things are expensive. We have had thirty beers and three meals since Sunday. Chary, the cook, is a nice lady from San Diego. She hooked us up with eggs, potatoes, tomatoes, carrots, water, and limes. She also spent a lot of time talking to us about camping in Baja and about her kids. She has 5 - 3 boys and 2 girls who live in San Diego. She also has a house in Gonzaga at Punta Final which her kids are working on now. We have had our breakfast late and in our camp, but have dinner from Chary every night. A couple more meals and we are going to leave. We had hoped that Mike would be able to meet us here, but he was not able to do so. At least it looks like that. He should have been here by now if he were going to make it. There is no phone available here or I would try to call home and ask what his situation is. If he does not arrive by tomorrow morning I will leave and call him from Santa Rosalia. Chary says there is a tienda in El Barril, so I will stop there and see what I can buy. A few avocados, some tortillas, and some cans of beans would be great. If not, I will still eat pretty well the next week or so it takes me to get to Santa Rosalia. In the morning Jay will head North and I will head South. I will miss having Jay around, and it will be strange to be by myself. I haven't camped alone in recent years, so I guess it will be good for me. I have now had a month of experience living in a kayak in Baja, so it will probably be a great next step. I really feel I have learned a lot living here. My Spanish has improved some, but I wish I had my Spanglish dictionary with me. I also wish I had brought a Spanish grammar book. That would have been a big help. I will have to deal alone with talking to people in stores and bars and whatever. Tomorrow the next phase of the adventure begins!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home