Wednesday, May 1

Wednesday, May 1

North 28° 56.250'
West 113° 23.651'
Distance: 9.96 miles


We paddled 9.96 miles today mostly east. We were going north for a while which was kinda aggravating. It was nice sleeping in a bed last night. I have developed a new theory about the itchy bumps all over my body. I had thought they were bug bites but now think they may be an allergic reaction to something. Maybe sunscreen. I didn't use any today and wore a shirt and hat instead. I noticed that there are no bumps on the parts of my body where I don't use sunscreen. If this is the case I will have to figure out a different brand or maybe just wear it for the hot part of the day and wash carefully when I get out of the sun. I started using the sunshade again today. It is much better with more pole sections. Thanks, Greg! We got up today about 8:00 am, took advantage of the shower. I washed the fishing pole well. Then we packed and ordered breakfast. I took advantage of the time to call Heidi. She was home and we talked for 10 minutes. I think she will be able to meet me in Loreto! She also said that Mike is in Sacramento and that is why he isn't answering his phone. She will call him and get the information to him that we will be in San Francisquito next Wednesday at the latest. As of last night I have finished/survived/enjoyed my first month down here. There have been quite a few setbacks and I have gone only 176 miles in a month. That puts me a bit behind schedule! Still, I have gone and done and enjoyed quite a trip so far. I have high hopes that Mike will be able to join me at least within the next 4 weeks and I hope in the next two or three. It seems like I am making friends wherever I go here, so if I have to do it on my own it won't be too bad. I will certainly have plenty of time to read! It has been great to have Jay along and I wish he could do the entire trip with me, but by the time he leaves next week or in 10 days I feel I will have had enough experience to handle things on my own for the week or so it will take to get to Santa Rosalia. After that I am pretty sure Mike will be ready to go. If not then at least I won't be far from help any time. The shade and the breeze are making this a nice time and place for a nap. I wasn't too happy about the wind whipping the waves up and throwing them into my face this morning, but now it feels great!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home