Tuesday, June 18

Tuesday, June 18

Today we woke up and went to use the internet café and to eat breakfast. John Gorton sent us email saying he would be in La Paz on the 20th, so we decided to stay a couple more days. We paid for the room at 130 pesos a night and boat storage at 10 pesos a night. I bought some cable and fittings to fix my boat but have not yet made the repair. I think I will wait till it actually breaks first – it might go for some time the way it is. Then we took a nap and went out to explore for a while. We had food and Ice Cream and later watched the movie SpiderMan or Hombre Araña. It was in English with subtitles in Spanish, so we were both distracted reading the Spanish. We haven’t done much here except eat ice cream, drink beer, and walk around, but we are having a great time doing it. Tomorrow another day of doing nothing, then a day or two of doing nothing with Gordzilla. Then back on the water. The guy who runs the hotel is named Felix and is kinda strange. I guess he wants us to continue spending money at his hotel without it costing him anything. He would do better to just leave us alone. As typical, Mexican style hotel rooms do not include maid service which I guess suits me just fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home